A modern swimming center is often configured as a multifunctional facility, active in every season, with the pools open in the summer season and covered in the winter season. The services offered range from swimming to fitness with equipment for various sports activities and entertainment.
There is no shortage of rooms with different uses such as beauty centers, outpatient clinics, wellness areas, etc.
Given the variety of services offered at all times of the year, a multifunctional natatorium needs to implement a centralized heating/cooling (HVAC) system, with the ability to analyze consumption via heat meters and thus reduce costs.
Entrances, bars, swimming pools, bookstores, and stores have different temperature control requirements, keeping in mind that some areas are only active at certain times of the year.
Urbana Smart Solutions proposes the management of pre-existing BMS based on the use of sensors and IoT devices, minimizing the impact on the facility, the cost of installation and maintenance.
Specifically, the solution involves the installation of a Zigbee network to control:
- Radiators: connected via a thermostatic valve connected to the radiator supply pipe
- Fan coils, connected via a dry contact on/off thermostat
- Air handling units, connected via Zigbee relays
- Valves for heat sends, controlled via a relay
The solution also consists of other sensors connected to the IoT platform via LoRaWAN® wireless technology:
- Air Quality: device that detects temperature, humidity and IAQ (Indoor Air Quality).
- Heat measurement via heat meter sensor.
The advantages of Urbana’s solution
Centralized monitoring system
Provides continuous feedbacks about different parameters
Optimization of preventive maintenance
Ensure green energy goals
Improved air quality