Senior Back-End Developer
Urbana Smart Solutions offers innovative solutions in the world of IoT, thanks to its software and hardware design skills, positioning itself on the national scene as a whole of transversal skills.
The main advantage is undoubtedly the ability to govern all the components of a complex technological system, from the development to the integration of IoT hardware and software infrastructures for the design of end-to-end solutions.
In addition to this aspect, Urbana has an important experience with regard to communication protocols, which allow for secure and reliable integration of IoT devices with digital platforms.
Your primary role will be to design, develop, deploy and maintain all microservices codebase for Urbana platforms working with the team in order to deliver high quality and reusable code. You will be in charge of writing high quality code, maintain the code repository, submit frequent code commits and guarantee that the software properly interacts with all other software components.
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, developing IoT platforms and ensuring the highest level of availability, performance and security.
If you are a code master obsessed by delivering high quality valuable software and can work in an agile and fast-paced development team, then we should talk.
The position is based in Venice, Italy, and the job scope involves responsibility for backend platform development in multiple major markets worldwide.
Tasks / Responsibilities
- Responsible for writing high quality, well documented code that must interact with all other system software components.
- Responsible for maintaining the code in the company infrastructure
- Responsible for subsections of all web application and mobile features
- Responsible for properly following the CI/CD process for the system
- Responsible for maintaining and improving URBANA platforms
- Work in multidisciplinary team with other professionals such as front-end developers, infrastructure architects and QA testers
- Make suggestions for better solutions to problems
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Main focus on coding and debugging
- Collaborate with Front-end developers
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Learn about new technologies
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Help in performing UI tests and optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications
- Follow new and emerging technologies
- At least 5 years of experience as a Back-end of Full-stack developer
- In-depth understanding of microservice-based architectures development
- At least 3 years of experience with at least some of these technologies and programming languages: Node.js, TypeScript
- Working knowledge of databases such as Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of these technologies: Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, MQTT, Git, Jira
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA degree in Computer Science or similar relevant field
- A hard worker who is eager to push the limits and come up with better solutions every single day.