Urbana Project Manager
Urbana Smart Solutions offers innovative solutions in the world of IoT, thanks to its software and hardware design skills, positioning itself on the national scene as a whole of transversal skills.
The main advantage is undoubtedly the ability to govern all the components of a complex technological system, from the development to the integration of IoT hardware and software infrastructures for the design of end-to-end solutions.
In addition to this aspect, Urbana has an important experience with regard to communication protocols, which allow for secure and reliable integration of IoT devices with digital platforms.
We are looking for a Systems Architect to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure.
Your primary role will be to design, deploy and maintain entire Urbana cloud infrastructure working with the team in order to deliver high quality and user-friendly products. You will be in charge of managing the entire system infrastructure, setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, writing high quality code for IaC, maintaining the code repository, providing tools and support for other developers to develop and deploy software components. Eventually, you might be asked to help backend developers develop new software parts. You will also be in charge of guaranteeing that the services properly scale up and down according to system usage, in addition to make sure all software services interact correctly with each other.
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
If you are an infrastructure master obsessed by delivering high quality valuable cloud-based infrastructures and can work in an agile and fast paced development team, then we should talk.
The position is based in Venice, Italy, and the job scope involves a responsibility for the entire platform development in multiple major markets worldwide.
Tasks / Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Experience with programming languages like TypeScript and Python
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with database systems (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Fluent in English
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid Cloud experience with either Google Cloud or AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g. Docker, VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and CI/CD framework
- Experience with automation software (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins)
- Experience with MQTT protocol